© 2021 IOC - ™ IOC & USOPC - All Rights Reserved.
The Olympic Virtual Series Baseball Event Online Qualifier (hereinafter referred to as the “Event”) will be owned and organized by World Baseball Softball Confederation in Switzerland (hereinafter referred to as the “Owner” or “WBSC”) with the cooperation of Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Japan (hereinafter referred to as the "Konami” or together with the WBSC referred to as the “Organizers”). The Organizers will obtain personal information set out below from participants in the Event (hereinafter referred to as “Participants”) and handle it in accordance with the provisions below. Before participating in the Event, you must agree to this Privacy Notice.
If Participants are minors and other persons with limited capacity to act (hereinafter referred to as “Minors”) and not capable of giving effective consent on their own under the laws of the country or region in which they reside, the prior consent of a legal representative (including a parent or guardian and hereinafter the same shall apply) must be obtained before agreeing to this Privacy Notice. If any Participants who are Minors agree to this Privacy Notice, they are deemed to represent at the same time that they have obtained the consent of a legal representative. If you are under 14 years of age as of January 1, 2021, you are not allowed to participate in the Event.
1. The Organizers will obtain the information listed below from Participants and use it during the below-specified period and in the below-specified area for the following purposes of use by the following users in the manner described below. You may refuse to provide this information; however, please note that if you do not provide this information, you will not be able to participate in the Event.
[Types of Information]
･Name, address, telephone number, email address
･Date of birth, sex, country/region
･Division of the Event to participate
･Game play data, such as player name, game ID, performance data, and ranking data
･Information required by the Organizers for the proper management of the event
･Other information required for the event operation to ensure public health and safety
･Accepting Participants in the Event
･Operating the Event
･Communicating with Participants
･Announcing the results of the Event
･Otherwise ensuring public health and safety in relation to the operation of the Event
･Selecting entrants in the event finals (hereinafter referred to as the “Event Finals”) advanced from the Event
･Communicating with potential entrants or entrants in the Event Finals to confirm their intention or for other purposes, and sending equipment and materials necessary for the operation of the Event Finals
[Period of Use]
As long as the Olympic Virtual Series continues
[Area of Use]
In Japan and abroad (providing information abroad via a network at each point in time of collecting and updating information)
The Organizers and International Olympic Committee (hereinafter referred to as the “IOC”)
[Manner of Use]
Processing, using, and transmitting internationally by using automated equipment that conforms to personal information protection related laws or other non-automated methods, including, but not limited to, methods using email, paper, and other appropriate scientific and technical media at that time. Specifically, match results, ranking data, and performance data including information, such as ranking, points, and player names may be published on websites and other places.
2. The Organizers will provide the IOC in Switzerland with the following information obtained from the Participants for the following purposes.
[Types of Information]
(i) Date of birth, sex, country/region, division of the Event to participate
(ii) Match results, ranking data, and performance data including information, such as ranking, points, and player names
For Information (i): Using information for analysis for marketing and other marketing activities by the IOC to contribute to the development of the Olympics
For Information(ii): Using information for announcing the results of the Event
3．The Organizers will provide the IOC in Switzerland with the following information obtained from the Participants for the following purposes if the Participants consent thereto separately.
[Types of Information]
･Name, email address
･Providing marketing information of the IOC and its sponsors by the IOC
4. The Organizers will not outsource the handling of personal information to a third party when operating the Event; however, Konami will handle the collection of personal information for the Event and provide customer support services for personal information, on behalf of the WBSC.
5. The Organizers will properly manage personal information provided by Participants in the department responsible for the management in the respective organizations. Security measures at an appropriate and reasonable level will be systematically implemented to protect the personal information of Participants against the risks of unauthorized access from the outside, as well as for the prevention of information leakage to the outside.
6. After the lapse of the period specified in Article 1, the relevant information will be properly discarded, unless it is required or permitted to be retained under applicable laws and regulations. The Organizers will select and destroy personal information with respect to which the above-mentioned period has elapsed with the approval of the person in charge of personal information protection. Personal information recorded and stored in the form of electronic files will be destroyed by means of physical formatting of storage media so that the data cannot be recovered and reused, and personal information recorded and stored on paper will be destroyed by crushing or incineration.
7. The Organizers will not install and operate devices that automatically collect personal information of Participants.
8. Participants may, with respect to personal information provided, exercise the rights for (a) inquiry or disclosure; (b) delivery of reproductions; (c) addition or correction; (d) cessation of collection, processing, or use, withdrawal of consent; and (e) deletion to the extent permitted under applicable laws and regulations.
Participants who wish to exercise such rights or have inquiries about personal information can contact at the following contact details:
The contact details of the WBSC and Konami regarding personal information are as follows:
Department: Customer Support Center, Personal Information Contact Office
< For Participants who reside in a country/region other than Japan>
< For Participants who reside in Japan>
0570-086-573 (If you cannot use Navi Dial, please call: 03-6636-0580)
Opening hours: Weekdays 10:00 to 18:00 (Closed on Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and holidays designated by the company)
Konami Customer Support Center Page: https://www.konami.com/games/inquiry/jp/
This Privacy Notice will apply from May 24, 2021.